Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tossing the dock lines at last

There's no turning back now (very dramatic) we are on our way in the morning. The truck has been sold and our mode of transportation is now collapsible bike (think circus clowns). Groceries have been stowed, dogs have been groomed, diesel and water loaded what else to do? For those unfamiliar with sailing/cruising that particular question has an infinite number of answers, for example: Install the second bilge pump, install the wash down pump, test the water maker, but not here in Galveston Bay, put together and test the WiFi antenna, wire and install the AIS system, somewhere in there the heads (toilets) will need to be fixed (that's Ed's job), and so on and so on. Oh yeah somewhere in between all of the To Do's there will be time for some reading and resting as well as a sundowner or two.
We'll keep in touch, drop us a line.

3 comments:

  1. I am just soooo jealous of you two (well, you four). How I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now. Only 10 more years and I will be. I'm looking forward to living vicariously through your posts so please keep them coming!

    Kathy Haran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky & Ed,

    OMG!!!!!! My thoughts range from envious to "you two have gone off the deep end"!!
    Very strange that you should send out this missive as I have been looking for your address for about a week now. Guess I can stop. Mystery solved.
    I'm very excited for you both (or should I say four).
    Can't wait to follow all your adventures.
    Hugs & Bon Voyage....
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so enjoying watching you make your way to the gulf...the google earth is amazing! Hugs to everyone!
    Gretchen :)

    ReplyDelete